Where to find the best stock deals right now
- (1:00) – Find cheap stocks in a beaten market
- (7:15) – Tracey’s Top Stock Picks
- (22:45) – Bonus stocks to keep on your radar
- (28:30) – Summary of episodes: OROVY, SWBI, KBH, CWH, WGO, DKS, HIBB, VSTO, WTI, DOW, LAD, PAG, GPI
- [email protected]
Welcome to Episode # 244 of the Value Investor podcast
Every week, Tracey Ryniec, the editor of Zacks Value investor portfolio, shares some of his best advice on investing and stock picking.
This summer, large cap stocks were down 3% and small caps corrected, down 10%.
The shares are for sale.
Where are the best deals?
Screening for very cheap buying stocks
The Zacks # 1 Rank (Strong Buy) list can be sorted by investment strategy, including value stocks.
Currently, there are dozens of Strong Buy stocks that have forward P / Es below 10.
But be aware that Zacks Rank # 1 (Strong Buy) list is only the first step for investors. It provides a list of companies that currently have earnings estimates that analysts recently revised upwards.
However, investors can use it as a starting point for further researching a company.
Additionally, very low P / E ratios can also be a warning sign for a particular business.
Do your homework.
5 of the cheapest strong buy stocks
1. Orient Overseas International OROVY is currently the cheapest stock on the Zacks Rank list with a futures P / E of just 1.85. It is a Hong Kong-based container transport and logistics company. Profits are expected to rise 568% this year, but are expected to cool 46% in 2022. It is trading at an extremely low volume of just 1,500 shares per session.
2. Smith & Wesson SWBI has a forward P / E of 5.6. As gun sales have risen during the pandemic, as have Smith & Wesson’s earnings, analysts expect both earnings and revenue to decline in fiscal 2022 upon reopening. Shares have fallen 29% since July 1.
3. Home KB KBH was a big winner from the pandemic as the housing market had its best year in 15 years. Profits are expected to rise 99% in 2021 and a further 12.6% in 2022. But the streets are worried about the “peak earnings”, so stocks are trading with a forward P / E of just 6, 5. It is the cheapest home builder, by P / E, on the Zacks # 1 ranking list.
4. CWH World Campsite is another winner of the pandemic as consumers flock to the outdoors. But analysts are also wondering if sales haven’t been pulled forward. Profits are expected to increase 54% in 2021 but decline 5.1% in 2022 as the pandemic subsides. It’s very inexpensive, with a forward P / E of just 6.9 and a PEG of 0.2.
5. W&T Offshore WTI offshore drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. The small-cap oil company is expected to increase profits by 387% this year and 71% next year. But stocks fell 8% last month, with oil stocks falling out of favor. This is the cheapest E&P on the Zacks # 1 ranking list, with a forward P / E of just 8.
What else do you need to know about top selling stocks?
Listen to this week’s podcast to find out.
Bitcoin, like the internet itself, could change everything
Blockchain and cryptocurrency have sparked one of the most exciting talking points in a generation. Some call it “the internet of money” and predict that it could change the way money works forever. If this is true, it could do to banks what Netflix did to Blockbuster and Amazon to Sears. Experts agree that we are in the early stages of this technology and as it develops it will create several investment opportunities.
Zacks just revealed 3 companies that can help investors capitalize on the explosive profit potential of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with much less volatility than buying them directly.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.